Daytime Teeth clenching
Hi, I need to find help in St. Louis, Missouri for daytime teeth clenching. This bruxism is driving me nuts and my dentist has confirmed that it is causing wear on my teeth. I have ear and jaw pain from this almost unconcious and continual jaw clenching and slight rubbing back and forth of my front teeth. I also probably grind or clench at night although a sleep study did not confirm this. (I wake up everyday with a significantly sore tooth that gets better through the day)

I have tried chewing gum during the day and that seems to help some, although I will even stop chewing the gum to clench my jaw. I am under inordinate stress at the moment but this all started about 1½ years ago when the stress in my life was more normal. I take generic Zoloft and Adderall and have read that both of these can intensify symptoms.

Does anyone know of any good doctors to treat this? Do I go to an orthodontis, a psychologist or a medical doctor?
My dentist believes in whole medicine and sent me to a chiroprator who charged a great deal of money, was not on my insurance plan and did nothing to alleviate the problem. Now he is suggesting a night guard, also expensive, but that won't help during the day when the majority of my problem is taking place.

Help, help, help.