Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Dental caries help.
My second premolar (if am not wrong) is decayed and broken to half its size. My dentist suggested root canal on it. I also have braces so he also told me that the crown will be placed when the braces are removed. But looking at the cost and the amount of care to be taken, I am holding back. I would prefer extraction because anyway it isnt helping me in chewing and two of my teeth need filling so i would first spend money on saving them. What should i do?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
Hi there,
The decision of root canal versus extraction can be taken only by your dentist. It can be extracted if it is not helping much in chewing. Root canal and crown placement may involve a large cost. You should first get the two fillings done and try to save these teeth which are not badly damaged. It is best to discuss this possibility with your dentist. He will advise you what is best for you. Do write to me again.
Best wishes and regards!
Comment
Cancel
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Avatar universal
Hello mam. Thank you very much. I am meeting my dentist tomorrow. Will surely discuss the possibilities and take the necessary steps.
Thank you once again.
Comment
Cancel
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543 tn?1463449675
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank
Top Dental Answerers
Avatar universal
Blank
taipei, Taiwan
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank
Raleigh, NC