Excessive blot clot after extraction
I had 2 teeth pulled (top right premolar and wisdom tooth) yesterday in the early evening. Not much pain or bleeding, but the clot from the premolar is quite large (and seems to keep extending!). Its covering about 80% of the tooth beside it and even extending back to the one beside that. I've been a bit scared to even brush those gently as I don't want to dislodge the clot. Is this something to worry about/see my dentist about?
First time having any extracted, and was only told it would cover the spot the tooth was removed from, so this is a bit of a surprise.
After tooth extraction it is important for the blood clot to form to stop bleeding. Be careful not to dislodge the blood clot while brushing your teeth near the extraction site for at least 3-4 days. Carefully wipe the area with a clean, wet gauze pad. If you are worried about the size of clot it is best to get it seen by your dentist. That will help allay anxiety.
Take care and regards!
I had a tooth extracted today my third wisdom I'm a smoker of electronic cigarettes so what I did in the past was coverage site with gauze I never had a problem with a dry socket. I'm worried that if I keep using the gauze it won't clot or I'll disturbe the clot?