Dental Health Community
Extra bone in mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Extra bone in mouth

Hello all!! I have an extra bone growth on the inside of my teeth under my tounge. My family dr said it was ok that at some point it would have to be removed. It does not hurt unless I push on it with my tounge. What in the world is this!!
Thank you!!
If you are talking about a pair (or more) or bumps along the inside jaw under the tongue, these are called Tori.  The are completely normal extra bone growth, do not need to be removed unless causing pain or getting dentures.  The main cause of tori growth is bruxism, clenching or grinding.
Ty for your help. I am one too grinde and clench my teeth when I sleep. I use to be really bad when younger that my parents would come wake me up because they could hear me. I am glad to know I can live with this and not worry. Now if I coule stop the grinde and clenching. LOL
Ty again