Dental Health Expert Forum
Feeling of food stuck in the back of my throat

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

or the last 3 weeks i've had a feeling of food being stuck at the back of my throat on the right hand side. I have no problem swallowing and it doesn't hurt to eat or drink (in fact if anything eating and drinking makes the sensation feel better). The Problem appears to be underneath the right side of my tongue, it's tender to touch and if i move my tongue to the left and swallow, it doesn't hurt.

As a side note, i've been suffering pins and needles in my right cheek (same side as this feeling) for about 7 weeks now, which may or may not be related.

Anyone have any clue what this might be?
You may want to get checked by your primary care physician.

I was thinking initially it may be tonsillitis but since there's no fever or other signs of infection, I'm not sure. You may want to have someone actually look down your throat and see if there's any pus or inflammation in the tonsil area.  

If its more underneath the tongue, then it should still be checked by a doctor.  Could be a blocked duct, stones or anything else.
You will have to get your throat physically examined by your physician. Trying to diagnose yourself and delaying your visit to the doc, can make things worse. So do not assume and get a check up done.