Dental Health Community
Fillings that have been replaced multiple times

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had fillings done in mid August on my front left tooth and the one beside it.  They came out twice and were redone for a 3rd time.  I am in constant pain day and night.  I have visited 2 endodontists who claim they see no need for a root canal.  Would this be nerve damage how else can I get rid of this pain if a root canal is not done?  I cant continue on like this.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Whenever any filling comes out it is best to get it filled at the earliest. An unfilled tooth is a good trap for food which can cause harmful bacteria to accumulate.
In root canal treatment the dentist saves your tooth which would have been otherwise damaged and would have needed extraction. If left untreated you can develop dental abscess. It is needed when the blood or nerve supply of the tooth is infected through decay or injury .Whether a person needs root canal or not can be confirmed through a complete history, clinical examination and Xrays.If you have been advised to undergo root canal better to get it done soon. In this procedure the doctor gives you local anesthetics before doing it. It is best to discuss all your concerns and clarify your queries with your treating dentist before the procedure.
Early diagnosis and treatment will be helpful. This is only an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. For more assistance and queries seek the opinion of an expert. I hope it helps. Keep me posted with more queries.
Best luck and regards!