Dental Health Community
Gap between tooth and gum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Gap between tooth and gum

Recently I have noticed that between my gum and the bottom of one of my front teeth, there seems to be a small gap between the tooth next to it and underneath the side that the tooth is next to. I can fit the tiniest bit of my tongue under there and it feels relatively sharp.
I am worried that there is a problem, I am 17 years old and have a dentists appointment next month - but I am concerned now. My teeth used to be in a completely straight line, but as my wisdom teeth are coming through, the tooth with the gap under the left side has been pushed about 2 millimeters behind another and I think that maybe the gap is due to that? It doesn't hurt but I am just worried as to what is possibly could be caused by and what is happening.