Dental Health Expert Forum
Genigel makes gums grow back?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Genigel makes gums grow back?
Hello!

I've found this article that claims gums can be made to grow back using a product called genigel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-67661/Get-smile-back.html

"Genigel, the new treatment, contains hyaluronic acid - a sub-stance found in the connective tissues of the body. When applied to gums, it provides a sticky film in which new cells and blood vessels can grow."

"A week later, the teeth began to firm up. A month later, I could chew on them. The gel has actually made my gums grow back, which is something no amount of brushing or anti-bacterial mouthwashes could ever do."

Probably, these claims are not true otherwise dentists wouldn't still be saying that gums can't be grown back, but I thought I'd make sure and ask you whether you know of any research done proving or disproving these claims.
I haven't heard of the product so I don't know anything about it.  I will try to do some research and see what I can find out.  Stay posted.
Thank you very much!
A related discussion, this gingel dos not work was started.