Dental Health Expert Forum
Genigel makes gums grow back?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Genigel makes gums grow back?

Hello!

I've found this article that claims gums can be made to grow back using a product called genigel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-67661/Get-smile-back.html

"Genigel, the new treatment, contains hyaluronic acid - a sub-stance found in the connective tissues of the body. When applied to gums, it provides a sticky film in which new cells and blood vessels can grow."

"A week later, the teeth began to firm up. A month later, I could chew on them. The gel has actually made my gums grow back, which is something no amount of brushing or anti-bacterial mouthwashes could ever do."

Probably, these claims are not true otherwise dentists wouldn't still be saying that gums can't be grown back, but I thought I'd make sure and ask you whether you know of any research done proving or disproving these claims.