Dental Health Community
Gingival Flap & Bone Graft surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Gingival Flap & Bone Graft surgery

This morning,  I had gingival flap & bone graft surgery. This was done on my front bottom teeth. All becuase I was stupid and got a tongue ring 10 years ago. Anyway, so far the pain hasn't been too bad.
So my question is, after the dentist was done, he put like this wax? bond stuff at the top of my teeth to hold them in place. I was under the impression that I was going to have a metal bond, kind of like braces.
I was too out of it to really ask any questions. I needed sedation, due to my severe phobia.

Does anybody know if this is normal?
Your description appears to be periodontal packing after gingival suture . The use of periodontal packing depends on if the flap is stable and if hemostasis is achieved.