Dental Health Community
Gum Skin Peeling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gum Skin Peeling

Hi, can you tell me what's the cause of the gum skin peeling.  It was started two months ago and it is really painful everytime I brush my whole lower gum start bleeding.  I visit my dentist and was referred me to see the periodontist.  I had scheduled for three appointments for scaling and deep cleaning and just recently had the first deep cleaning but it seems to me it has not improved since then.  

Appreciate it if you can answer me soon as possible.

Thank you
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Recovery of periodontal tissue takes 1-2weeks after periodontal treatment.
Blank
Thanks scottma for your response but it has been a week or so and the skin peeling still the same, is there anything I need to know to speed up the recovery?  I am following the instruction of what my dentist to do so, or maybe I am just being impatience.

tessa27
Blank
Assuming your description of skin peeling refers to desquamation of gingiva. If the surface epithelium is completely peeled off, there would be ulcerated and bleeding surface present .Desquamation is normal. However, it appears that your desquamation is extensive and fast. Try to use gentle and soft tooth brush without toothpaste and mouth rinse. If the condition does'nt improve within a week, seeing an oral pathologist is advised.
Blank
Hi, thanks for latest advise, did used soft brush without toothpaste and mouth rinse, I did see the improvement for the last couple of weeks.  My gum look better and no bleeding at all.

tessa 27
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank