Aa
A
A
Close
Gum loss: gum disease or just violent brushing ?
Hi,

Several months ago I discovered that some gum diminished around several of my teeth. The area of the teeth exposed feel over sensitive when I touch them (though I don't any problem with sensitivity when I eat: its only when I scratch them a little).
Several days ago, it hurted at the back of my mouth and discovered that was also a loss of gum at the very back of it (behind the last tooth: I can see some bone where there is supposed to be gum). It kind of stopped hurting, but when I eat something it can hurt if hard food touches that part.

I never bleeded though, and my gum overall doesn't look bad besides that fact it has diminished around some teeth & at the back of my mouth.

I usually brushed my teeth 2 times a day, much too violently it seems (have to replace my toothbrush quite often). I also did 2 times a day mouthwash (alcohol based): I discovered this is a bad idea.

So I made an appointment with a dentist. But according to bad some reviews, a lot of patients were advised to do a lot of unnecessary & pricy operations, so I'm quite scared he'll tell me it's a gum disease no matter what.

Therefore my questions:
1/Based on what you I said above, do you think I have a gum disease or did I just brushed my teeth too violently ? Or could you help me diagnose that ?
2/When I go to the dentist, how can I make sure he'll tell me the truth if he says it's gum disease (cf. above) ?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Seeing a honest  periodontist is advised.X-rays and periodontal probing exam can establish a definite diagnosis.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources