Dental Health Community
Gums turning grey/blackish

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Gums turning grey/blackish

I have a spot on my gums about 1/2-3/4 inch around that is turning black/greyish.  I had a tooth pulled where it is at (2nd molar from back) due to internal resorption about 3 years ago.  It's on the outside of the gums and pretty much where the tooth was and back to the last molar.  My dentist and hygienist found it when I had my cleaning a couple of weeks ago.  The dentist thought it could possibly be a bruise, but had not seen a bruise like it before.  I go back to see him in 2 weeks and he said that if it's not cleared up that he will send me to the oral surgeon for a biopsy.  He's got me really spooked.  Anyone have any thoughts?  I really don't know what to think.