Dental Health Community
Had Maxillio Facial Surgery - now experiencing lip drooping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had maxillio facial surgery in 1997 while living in Beverly Hills, CA as I had an under bite.  Surgery went well but my lower lip is still partially numb and my chin is mostly numb.  I now live in Canada and in 2012, I was attacked and hit on the left side of my face.  I received a concussion and bruising.  In the past 9 months, I have experienced drooping on the left side of my mouth - 2 occasions - last July and now in April. It was thought I was having a mini stroke but all tests were normal.  Do you thinks the drooping is due to the trauma I received in 2012?  What can be done about this?
Seeing a neurologist is advised.
Thank you for getting back to me.  A neurologist did review my charts when I was in ER last month and said all was normal.  However, they were focusing on if I was having a stroke.  Would I see a neurologist to look at my facial nerves to see if there is problem now since being hit in the face 3 years ago since I did receive nerve damage after my maxillio facial surgery 17 years ago?  it takes a while to get a referral in Alberta so I want to be sure I am asking to see the proper type of doctor.  Question - I wouldn't go see a maxillio facial surgeon would I?

Thanks for your help!
Neurologist is the most appropriate health professional to help you out.