Dental Health Community
Hard Substances under gums?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hard Substances under gums?

I know about subgingival, but tonight I thought to scrap off this white hard surface from my tooth and after 1 minute of doing it, I started gently pushing from the gum the the tooth and comes out these brown-black hard rock like substances from under my gums. Is this normal?
Actually they are more like light-brown. Note that I've never been to a dentist for cleaning. They just sorta came out from under my gums.
You rally need to get to a dentist for a thorough cleaning.  When plaque has been there for a long time, it breaks down and turns a brown color.  Bacteria will start attacking the bone that holds the tooth in and dissolve it.  The tooth loosens and is lost.

Periodic cleanings can prevent this.  Don't wait any longer.  I did and lost four teeth to gum disease and bone loss.