Dental Health Community
Hot/Cold Sensitivity in Every tooth after Root Canal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

It has been a month and a half since I had a root canal retreatment. Ever since they did the first day of treatment, I have not been able to eat or drink anything hot or cold on the left side of my mouth.

I have gone back to the Endodontist two times and they have placed ice / a heated item on every tooth I have, and I experience extreme pain on touch to either of those for every single tooth I have from the left side over.

Keep in mind that my root canal retreatment was done on my top left tooth. I do not have any pain in that tooth to heat or cold.

What is causing the rest of my teeth to be prone to such pain? please help :(
Ok I don't know if this helps but I just had a bunch of fillings done and they were not that deep I have for three weeks have the same problem you have and Its driving me nuts .I have been back to the dentist 3 times he even filled a tooth they were watching just to make sure there would not be any problems on that side .He said it takes a few weeks to a few months for the teeth to calm down !!!! Do you have any problems with those teeth that are hurting you . I hope you feel better
Causes of thermal sensitivity of tooth are: 1. caries 2. periodontal disease 3. occlusal interference 4. myofascial trigger point pathology 5.exposed root surface associated with gum recession. An endodontically treated tooth generally is not responding to cold and hot stimuli.However, incomplete obturated tooth may occasionally respond to hot simulus. If a tooth does not respond to cold stimulus and respond to hot stimulus, the dental pulp is generally necrotic. If a cold stimulus produces throbbing pain longer than 10 seconds, it suggests irreversible pulpitis.
I'm having very similar symptoms to you. One tooth was aching for a few weeks, I got a root canal. Then the one next to it started hurting. That one was root canaled too. Now my top layer of teeth started to hurt. What happened with your situation??
Listen you dumb ****, instead of using tech terms only another dentist would understand use everyday language. You're not talking to a bunch of dentist! Use dead instead of necrotic and x instead of irreversible pulpitis.  Now take you're learning and go somewhere else.