Dental Health Community
How Can My New Lower Denture Hurts Everywhere?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How Can My New Lower Denture Hurts Everywhere?

I just got new dentures 2 days ago, I have had a top one for some years and the new one is great. I just had 8 teeth removed on the bottom and also had an immediate denture put in, at first it seemed OK but I now have several sore spots in various locations and the denture feels like it is too long for my jaw, at this point the pain and soreness is so bad I cannot tell where it's even coming from. I cry when I take it out to rinse and I cry when I put it back because of the intense pain but I was told I must wear it constantly for the first week only removing it 3 0r 4 times a day to rinse and clean with warm salt water. Can I use something like ambesol to help with the pain, everyone sayes I should wait until the swelling goes down and the stitches are removed before relining or adjustments. Please help?
Tags: denture, sore spots, lower, flower arranging, can't bite without pain