How Can My New Lower Denture Hurts Everywhere?
I just got new dentures 2 days ago, I have had a top one for some years and the new one is great. I just had 8 teeth removed on the bottom and also had an immediate denture put in, at first it seemed OK but I now have several sore spots in various locations and the denture feels like it is too long for my jaw, at this point the pain and soreness is so bad I cannot tell where it's even coming from. I cry when I take it out to rinse and I cry when I put it back because of the intense pain but I was told I must wear it constantly for the first week only removing it 3 0r 4 times a day to rinse and clean with warm salt water. Can I use something like ambesol to help with the pain, everyone sayes I should wait until the swelling goes down and the stitches are removed before relining or adjustments. Please help?
Immediate full lower denture is the pain in the neck for both patients and dentists. Immediate full lower requires periodic soft liner relinng , varing from weekly to monthly dependingon the properties of reling material.After each relining, occlusion needs to be adjusted.If you get sore right now, you need to go back to your dentist to have denture adjusted.Do'nt wear the denture if it hurts.