Dental Health Community
Infected loose baby tooth?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Infected loose baby tooth?

My six year old daughter's right front tooth is loose but still attached on one side. Yesterday I noticed that it has become discolored and has turmed a grey color. It is painful for her to wiggle it and bleeds often. Her gums also appear to swollen and red, even up into her upper lip some. She has been running a fever for a couple of days but also complains of a sore throat. Could the tooth be infected and causing her sickness? Should she been seen at the dentist or should be just leave the tooth alone? Thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Seeing a dentist is advised.
Blank
The tooth and illness may not be related. My daughter's tooth turned grey as well when it was loose. She happened to have a dentist appointment and the dentist said that it was because there was no more blood going to the tooth. Just to be on the safe side, you may want to get her checked out. I totally understand - seeing the grey tooth makes you think all kinds of things.
Blank
Yes, that's exactly right...a tooth can turn color when it's "falling out". See a dentist and in some cases they can numb the area and remove the tooth. When your child's tooth starts to get loose...wiggle it and pull it out when it's loose enough...NEVER wait for it to fall out itself.

Hope this helps!

-Jessica, Registered Dental Hygienist
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979