Dental Health Community
Inflammation above the left central incisor, in the gum.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

4793447?1250898825

I've had a root canal for almost 6 years now. It all started when I chipped my tooth after falling off my bicycle in which my left central incisor wass chipped. Nothing was not noticed untill a few days later, when my lip started to swell up, it was found that the part of the tooth that was chipped was pentrated in to my lip. Of course I didn't feel any of this of the day of the accident due to shock. A month later I got an abscess above the tooth that was chipped, it caused severe pain. I went to the doctors, he admitted me to a professional at a dental hospital. He told me that nerves in that tooth are dead, did a root canal. Then starting draining the infection out, after this was complete the pain was gone, but the abscess was still there, so I started to see him weekly and he continued to drain it. It started to dissapear, in which he gave it month. When i went to see him the abscess was gone, he said come back in 2 months, I went back and he said it was all clear. About four years back I got inflammation above the tooth, it went all red. No pain is felt though. I've started to feel unexplained anxiety, in which my heart has started beating fast, and recently a shortness of breath, could any of that be related to sepsis or bacteremia? I went to a dentist on tuesday and he said I have a chronic infection of some sort. I was slightly confused, in which he said that root canal was not completed properly which has caused a chronic infection which can defect the teeth around it. I was in complete shock, this has been going on for years. He has appointed me to a specialist who is yet to have gone in contact with me, supossivley contacting me via post.

I've added a small graphic showing where about the inflammation is on my gum. It's the dark red area with the white dot on it.

Help, do I have bacteremia or sepsis?
Are my teeth in trouble?
Has anyone experienced this before?
Is is fatal?

My dentist did not explain much as he was really busy that day.
Seeing an endodontist is advised.