Dental Health Community
Mouth of plastic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Mouth of plastic

I am 23 years old and have had to have ALL of my teeth removed.  I had my uppers taken out when I was around 20 and just recently had to have the bottoms done as well.  I try to stay positive as much as I can and think well I have "perfect" smile but to me I know it is nothing but plastic.  For whatever reason the acidic level in my mouth wore away the enamel from my teeth and they were rotting from the inside out as well.  They were shattering one by one.  I know some of it is genetic b/c my mother had to have her tops done when she was around my age but for whatever reason my teeth degenerated much faster then hers.  One can speculate it was due to medications b/c I have always had other health problems but the bottom line is doesn't matter what caused it, it happened and I have to live with this for the rest of my life.  Having a hard time coping, anyone have any suggestions?  
how about implants?