New tooth growing in behind baby tooth
My 5 year old daughter has an adult tooth growing in behind one of her baby teeth in the lower jaw.  The new one is almost 1/2 way out and the baby tooth is not very loose.  However, the one next to it is quite loose, but they just don't want to come out.  Should I see a dentist or let nature take it's course?
My daughter is 5 too and she has the exact same thing happening. I am going to phone the dentist tomorrow and see what they say... Her baby teeth are quite close together and I believe she will need braces, maybe sooner than most. I just hope that everything is ok in the end...
Hi there. I had this problem with many of my teeth when I was younger.  All the dentist will do is numb the area around the tooth and pull it out so the adult tooth can grow in.  It doesn't hurt because of the novicaine and is a pretty simple procedure. Hope this helps!
People automatically assume that the adult tooth will push out the baby tooth. Not the case. If the baby tooth is still in place when the adult tooth begins to emerge, then the adult to will simply pop out where there is no resistance. Usually behind the baby tooth. It makes for a funky looking little grill. This happened with both of my children. Luckily with my son the crooked teeth eventually straightend out on it's own, but with my daughter we've not been so lucky. So if this continues to happen take your child to the dentist and get the baby tooth pulled ASAP.
i had the same problem! and i got my baby tooth pulled out but the permanent teeth did not fill in its place. so  now whenever i smile it looks like i have a missing tooth and is pretty embarrasing. what can the dentist do? help me please!