Normal anatomy or not?
I would like to know if it is normal anatomy to have two little hard areas either side of the lingual frenulum. When I feel around that area with my tongue, I can feel all the soft, fleshy parts of the wharton's ducts and the lingual frenulum but then if I press a little harder, I can feel two hard, bony little balls either side which are more or less symmetrical. I think that they have always been there, although I'm not sure as I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and I have only just noticed them and started pushing them around with my tongue. They are movable and it feels like I can scoop them up slightly with my tongue but they seem to be attached to glands or something around the lingual frenulum.
I don't mean mandibular tori by the way. They aren't on the gums and are not fixed in place. They are in the 'mushy part' under the tongue.

I did read someone's reply to someone else on the internet which said : What you are describing sounds like you are feeling the bony ridges that are actually what the salivary glands are attached to. If you feel gently with your tongue you can feel "flappy things" under your tongue that are your actual salivary glands. If you press harder with your tongue you can feel a bony bump on each side.

Do you think this is what I am feeling too? I just feel a little concerned that I can't find any concrete explanation of what I can feel in medical descriptions of the structures in that area. Many thanks for your help.
Please comment.