Normal tongue? White tongue?
I found a picture of how my tongue looks. I for as long as i can remember have had circumvallate papillae. In the picture I found, the circumvallate papillae are a little bit bigger than my own, but i noticed that there is also the presence of white hair toward the back near the enlarged circumvallate papillae. Does this seem normal. Also my tongue/throat feels like there is a lump/very dry. I have also been smoking for two years. Does anyone with large circumvallate  papillae also have the presence of white hair near the back of the tongue where the circumvallate papillae are present? Does this look like thrush. I am still wating on my doctors appointment in two days, and i just wanted some opinions

here is the link to the picture

http://www.doctorspiller.com/images/OralAnatomy/Circumvallate.jpg
The picture does'nt present significant pathology to me except mild to moderate hairy tongue on central dorsal surface of tongue.Hairy tongue is associated with cigarette smoking and poor oral hygiene. Your throat problem may be best managed by ENT.