Painful sores on my tongue
I have gotten these sores on my tongue for the past few years. At first, they were very rare, maybe once every year or even less. But within the past year they have gotten more common. I had one a couple weeks ago near the back of my tongue on the edge. I visited a doctor and had a biopsy done, the results came back inconclusive. That was the second biopsy I've done for the problem and both times the results have come back inconclusive, stating that the sores are just ulcers and are benign. The doctors have told me it could come from stress, or reactions from foods, or toothbrushes, basically anything. Just as that one finally healed, another tiny spot showed up a couple days ago in a completely different location, near the tip of my tongue, and much smaller than I have ever had in the past. However, it is still extremely uncomfortable and painful. The sores usually last 1-2 weeks and are very painful when speaking or eating. Citrus juices are unbearable when one is present. 2 different biopsies and multiple different doctors have cost me very much and gotten me no treatment.

I have tried rinsing with hydrogen peroxide and antiseptic mouthwash, these numb the pain temporarily, but do not really aid in healing the sore. The spots always look similar to this one, they are raw looking and red in the middle, and look yellowish-white on the edges. They have always come one at a time, I've never had more than one on my tongue at the same time. They are usually about a centimeter big, and oval shaped. I took a picture of the current sore to try to give a better idea, like I said, this one is tiny compared to the usual ones. Any help is greatly appreciated, these recurring sores have become a great pain and nuisance. Sorry if my post is a bit hard to follow, I am just trying to include all the information I possibly can to get an accurate diagnosis. Thanks.

PS. I know my tongue has an odd texture, another thing my doctors have said is nothing to worry about, if I can get any help with that it would be appreciated as well.

Here is the picture of my tongue currently with the spot circled:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8528/tonguecroppedtp8.jpg
It sounds like a canker sore to me.  There are products on the market to help w/the pain until they heal.  There's one that forms a paste over the sore that I highly recommend.  I get them too and it seems as if they come w/regularity for a time, but then subside.  Try upping your B-12 intake.  That seems to help boost your immune system and keep those little suckers at bay!  My best!
I just looked at your pic...totally a canker sore!  It's something you'll have to live w/but get that paste...I'm sorry I can't think of the name, but it's in the pharmacy next to all the cold sore and canker sore treatment.  It really works great!  It forms a protective shield over the sore and you don't feel the pain.  
Thanks, wish the doctors coulda just told me that! I will try those otc treatments.
I'm sorry you went through so much for this!  I do hope that these help!  My best to you!
The paste is called ORABASE. There is a prescription form called ORACORT. That's the only thing I can think of that is soothing and won't sting. Also try TOM'S OF MAINE, FENNEL TOOTHPASTE. It's one of the only ones that doesn't burn your mouth. Stay away from Orajel and other numbing preparations. They will burn like Hell!