Dental Health Community
Post root canal - pain, headaches, fever, fatigue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post root canal - pain, headaches, fever, fatigue

On September 28 I had a root canal procedure on #30.  Exactly 24 hours later - headache, fever, burning eyes, fatigue, felt terrible.  Endodontist prescribed penicillin.  After 7 days very very small improvement - was switched to Augmentin.  I would feel a little better, but then get slammed again.  After 8 days on that, I was given Clydamycin and Endontist took me off that due to diahrrea (after 4 days) and I really wasn't better anyway.    Over the course of 5 weeks, my symptons are just slightly better than the first few days.  The condition spikes in the evenings (every night) and most days I have a residual mild headache.  Post procedure I have taken at least 4 - 6 Advil per day, except one day I got by on 2.  Seen endodontist twice - he says xrays look normal.  With ice, tapping and examination, my teeth (he checked upper and lower all teeth) are not particularly sensitive, individually.  Throughout I have had mild lower jaw and ear radiating pain.  He now says he has no idea why I feel this way and sent me to my doctor for blood tests.  Although he  did say there is a small possibility I have a tooth fracture.  He cannot see that on xray, and said when he was in the tooth did not see any evidence of crack.  I don't know if a crack would cause these symptons or not. He said blood tests would be first course of action followed by CT scan of tooth.   My primary Dr drew blood and I should have results next week.  I am healthy person, although have osteopenia, and  throughout this procedure I have had three stress fractures on my foot and have been non-weight bearing.  These don't seem related, just bad timing, although I am concerned about the potential of issues with tooth removal if it comes to that, with osteopenia and having taken Boniva.  (Which Dr. wants to switch to Fosamax.)  Feeling this bad for so long is of great concern to me and getting me worried and down.  
Susan I have a fractured root after a one year old root canal and a retreat I suffer w chronic pain and migraine but have never suffered these symptoms same as yours I am about to loose the tooth next to my pointy one towards the back am devastated getting an implant an so scared due to chronic pain issues. In my face and head.  Trigeminal neuralgia.   Rsd nd chronic migrains thats just my head.  I'm so sorry for how horrible u feel but relieved that if found my answer don't wait too long as symptoms will get worse totally not trying to scare u remember I live w chronic pain but our symptoms r alike but mine put me in bed in terrible agony I hope all goes well for both of us take care maria ,***@****
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...