Dental Health Community
Remaining piece of an extracted tooth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Remaining piece of an extracted tooth

I had a tooth extracted a few months ago and soon after the healing of the gum I noticed that I had a small piece of the tooth still in my gums. Around the same time I found out I was pregnant so I couldn't have any freezing to remove the the tooth piece. The piece was placed in a way that I could feel it very well (didn't hurt, though) but now it's just gone. I can't feel it anymore. Should I be concerned?Can this piece travel the body and cause any kind of problem? I'm still 4 months pregnant.
Thanks in advance.
CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!  Best to you and your baby.

It's possible the bone piece resolved, it may have moved into a small area where you can't feel it or popped out and is gone entirely.

Either way, please don't worry about it.  It can't go anywhere except the immediate area it was in.  

Hope this helps.
My very best to you,
Gellia
It helps A LOT!!! Thank you so much, Gellia!

All the best to you too :)

Beth