Root canal with curved root
6 months ago I had a root canal done on my upper left tooth. While the root canal was being preformed the file broke. The dentist claims it broke because the anatomy of my tooth root is curved. Today after the tooth has been crowned it has become infected. The dentist gave me a prescription for antibiotics. He said that if the pain becomes worse I will have to be referred to an oral surgeon to remove the drill bit.  Is there anything other way to fix this situation that does not involve surgery? Is the dentist responsible because he knew my root was curved before he started?
Have you read the book Root Canal Cover-up by George E. Meinig D.D.S., F.A.C.D.?  It's available from Amazon and also from the publisher Bion Publishing directly by mail.  It tells how teeth that have had root canals usually remain infected and leak.  The chronic infection in these root canal teeth cause a wide variety of chronic degenerative illnesses in many other parts of the body.  If the tooth is still infected, you would want it removed - broken drill bit or not.  But, the tooth must be removed using the correct protocol to avoid further trouble - see the book.  Get the book and read it.  But, of course, please consult with wholistic dentists and/or oral surgeons before proceeding.
Seeing an endodontist for retreatment or periapical surgery is advised.