SEVERE pain after root canal (3 days later)
i am having SEVERE pain after a root canal done 3 days ago.  root canal went ok. i took a pain pill before procedure and had the gas during.   but now it is a different story...mouth became more sore overnight and by 10 am the 2nd day pain was about 10/10.  i work as a nurse and had  to leave early.
went back to the dentist and he said it was "bone bruising" and filed my tooth down so it wouldnt touch.  i have pretty severe tmj which i am ok living with but this pain isnt in my jaw. i have alot of swelling in my cheek under my left eye and an annoying "twitch" above the left eye (root canal was done on upper left molar). and swelling in my mouth also. i had no swelling before root canal and i am really not a sweller. someone please help. i am about of the medicines and over the counter stuff isnt working.  i feel like the dentist acted like i am just being a baby because according to his dental assistant he thinks he is a "dental god" and the other girl there made sure i didnt get any more meds for pain....i just know this totally sucks! i do have dental anxiety during procedures but a pretty high tolerance for pain. i really hope someone helps me because this really really really sucks!
To toothachelady:
     Take appropriate antibiotics. Antibiotics generally will clear up the flere up after rct within a short period of time.Good luck