Dental Health Community
Sore gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Sore gums

The inside of my cheeks and gums are always sore.  They are red and painful.  I have been to a dentist and he thinks it's a B vitamin defiency.  So I took more vitamins, it got a little better, and  then he gave me a medicated mouthwash.  (nasty)  it helped but never seems to lasts.  I really miss my favorite foods.  I can't anything with any spice, or salt.

Please help :)
I recommend you see a specialist such as a periodontist.
I can't even hazard a guess as to what may be going on, but your dentist, while I give him points for trying, needs to admit that his bag of tricks is empty and send you on to someone more knowledgable.

While you are waiting for an appointment, you can try warm salt water gargles. Personally I'm not convinced they have any "curative" powers at all, but it does make your mouth feel better (most times) and besides, my grandmother swore by warm salt water gargles for everything from chicken pox to childbirth. At least it won't hurt you.

See a specialist
Peace
Greenlydia