Dental Health Community
Spotted white tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Spotted white tongue

I have white tongue with white spots that come off easily on my tongue during the day and in the morning the tongue is completely white. It goes all the way back. .im diabetic. I also have splitting nails that won't stop splitting and seem to have a fungi under the nail. My scalp seems to be scaling too. I am freaking out! HELP!

This discussion is related to TONGUE PROBLEMS.
Tags: Spotted white tongue
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
A clinical examination is important for confirming the exact cause of your symptoms. The common causes of white spots on tongue are oral thrush, lichen planus, leucoplakia etc. White spots on the tongue can be seen after intake of overly acidic, spicy, or hot foods that irritate your taste bud .Canker sores due to extra stress, imbalanced hormones can lead to white spots on the tongue. Frequent wetting and drying of nails can lead to splitting of nails. Brittle nails may occur due to medical problems like thyroid problems, tuberculosis, Sjögren syndrome, and malnutrition. Skin diseases like lichen planus and psoriasis are other possibilities. Scaling of scalp could possibly be due to seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis. A clinical evaluation is important for correct diagnosis and management. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and kind regards!