Dental Health Community
Swolen Saliva Glands?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Swolen Saliva Glands?

I started getting a swollen lower jaw about last week,after i ate a sandwhich and felt like something was stuck in the back of my teeth. Well,that felt like it was going away until i smoked, and it got a lot bigger. It now feels like there's a huge ball on the inside of my cheeks, in my lower jaw area. I got my wisdom teeth out about a month and a week ago, and I DID have problems with that. I also neglected to realize that i was supposed to take the antibiotics 3 times a day, and I hadn't been taking them. The thing is, everything was fine really until i smoked, last night, and now my mouth has just gone hay-wire. If i press down really hard on it, orange liquid oozes out of it(i'm guessing its really just blood,but very light), and i'm CONSTANTLY thirsty, yet get a stomach ache every time i drink something. Also, every time i open my mouth the right side of my jaw pops. I know this sounds all over the place and probably really confusing,because i myself am very confused. But if you even have an inkling as to what it might be, that would be such a great help. I look forward to hearing from you all and thank you very much!
go see a doctor soon, your tooth is probably infected. and don't press down hard. and I'd suggest if you have to drink something stick to water, because it's the safest bet, no/few added chemicals. and sip, not mouth fulls.
go to a dentist and quit smoking asap