Dental Health Community
Tongue Burns When Brushing teeth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tongue Burns When Brushing teeth

My tongue burns every time I brush my teeth so bad that I find it difficult to brush my teeth sometimes.  It has been doing this for years.  I have tried multiple brands of toothpaste and none of them seem to make it any better.  I had my tongue pierced several years ago but it has been closed up for years.  I can't remember excatly when this started but it seems like it might have been around the time of the tongue piercing.  Could the burning be because I had my tongue pierced?  There is still a scar on my tongue from the piercing.  Mouthwash also burns my tongue.  Every brand/kind that I have tired of mouthwash & toothpaste burns my tongue.... any advice?