Dental Health Community
Tooth extraction and ear problem connection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I have an ear problem that I'm wondering is related to a dental problem. I will be going to a dentist and an Ear Nose Through Dr soon (month or two or three) but in the mean time...

I had the left lower wisdom tooth extracted a few years ago, I can't remember if the tooth ahead of that was extracted later or not.  I do remember the dentist asking if I wanted this tooth or the one ahead of it extracted because there was a nerve problem of some kind right there and this could result in hearing problems later on.  I didn't pay much attention to him at that time because of the pain I was in at the time, I just wanted the problem tooth out!  I don't think it was a full year later that the left ear felt full(?) and I could hear my voice and pulse very loudly in that ear.  This was 2006 and the problem with the ear has not changed.

My question is; could there be a connection between the two? and if so could you explain this connection?  There is also another possible connection with ear plugs but I want to look at every possibility before I see the wrong specialist fist.