Dental Health Community
Tooth pain after chewing/biting food

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Tooth pain after chewing/biting food

I had a visit to a new dentist.  I didn't like my old dentist because of the quality of care I was getting.  So I go to the new dentist for cleaning, x-rays, and exam.  I was told that I had seven cavities.  5 of them gumline.  I went back and the dentist filled all 7 cavities after 6 shots of novicaine at one single visit.  Now I am left with intense pain when chewing on the last tooth on the upper right side in the back.  Wisdom tooth removed so this is technically the 2nd tooth if counting that slot.  I called dentist, he was not friendly he is very intimidating.  He prescribed motrin 600mg and amoxil 250every 8 hours.  said maybe that will help, since that cavity was the deepest of them.  I finished meds now and still have problem.  I went back and he took xray and said I don't see anything wrong with x ray get a 2nd opinion from another dentist.  Another question I have is how do I notify the ADA about a problem with a dentist?