I was given no pain medicine at the VA until about 8 hour after the surgery and my jaw swell up big. Was this right? Then after I complainted they gave me some hydrocodone bitartrate and Acetaminophen 5 mg/500mg. My question is would this be proper to waite so long and do this medicine have something in it to fight an infection or does it just fight the pain?
Did you have a tooth extracted or cut out? If extracted the only pain medication needed is Tylenol, or Advil. If it was cut out, maybe something a little stronger. It sounds like they either didn't know you had an infection, didn't care or an infection occurred afterwards. Both medications are for pain, not infection. If the swelling has subsided, then fine, if not you need to go back.
Not true at all. With tooth extractions, it's very common to have severe pain afterwards -- whether the gums were cut or not. A tooth extraction is extremely painful and I have never heard of not having pain medication to help afterwards. Stronger than Tylenol or Advil.
It was cut out of the and the hole had to be sew up. The denist mention while he was doing it that he placed a capule for infestion in the gum. It hurt for hours while I stayed at the VA and with tears beg for something for the pain. I was treated lower than a dog with no mercy. The surgery was a little pass noon. A nurse by the name of Lindsay Watkings RN, took it upon herself to give me something. I told several irresponsible people at the patients right office at the VA in Dayton, O. That this would be told. Not to say that this was all of it. I was insulted and belittle in presents of total strangers and excuse without reason. It was a mess. I begged and sword before God and they never gave me a pill.
I am able to talk more about it now. My jaw is very swallom and I have no place to go. I went to the hosipal before going to the VA center. But, at our hosipal they take dental problems last. They give every one writen information when you come into Miami Valley Hosipal this information about dental problems. I waited there about 4 hours and I left and went home . The next day I went to the VA. Wrong this for this black service connected veteran. It more but I am bipolar and I will talk forever. Thanks for your ear. steve
Never had to use anything stronger than Advil or Tylenol after a tooth extraction or having one cut out, and don't know of anybody who has! Can you go to the VA in Cincinnati? Trust me, being black will not affect your level of care at Cincinnati's VA. My husband gets all his care there, and they've been wonderful. Having a tooth cut out is more painful, plus you have infection, which concerns me. Even if you had stayed at your local hospital, you would have been helped by now. You need to get this looked at somewhere, because it obviously isn't getting any better and I worry that the infection may spread. There are many emergency Dental Centers around, can you go to one of these? I would go back to the VA ER, once they see how swollen your face is, and your pain, they will help you. Take lots to read, a snack, and be prepared to stay as long as needed to be seen. Thanks for your service to our country! I don't feel our veterans get the respect or rewards they've earned, which is shameful!!!!
It is 7:23 am and I got up & turn on my computer and saw that someone other than my 86 year mother was concern. I need to tell you more than just facts that lead to this mess.
1. I am a black 65 year old very polite very well dress gentlemen and private businessman. I do not look like a the type of person they accuse be of being.
2. After the surgery the doctor sent in a perscribtion for a Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen which the nurse told me it was powerful. She gave me the common name for it which I can't spell it correctly. Vicoden.
3. I put in for the medicine and went home to check on my mother so she would know that I was OK,; she worried a lot and calls the hosipal and everything when I am away from her. I knew that when I returned to the hospital that I name would be up and I would get the medicine and return home.
4. I got to the VA only to find that someone that taken my medicine and signed a signature that you couldn't even read.
5. The told me over and over that I was given the medicine and that I was lying. I could not believe how the treated me.
6. I told me to please let the girl who said that she gave me the medicine to look at me and create a situation where I wouln't see her. If she was afraid of me know who she was. They said 'no' your got the medicine.
7. I asked them to run the camera back to the time that the person sign for my medicine; they said ' no' she gave you the medicine. The time that the medicine was pick up was on the sheet of paper that had the signature that was suppose to be my own. They refused
8. I gave them 5 examples of my signature. 2 bank account personal and business. 1 social security card. driver's licences and my federal medicare card. They said that it was my signature. It look nothing like my signature , Nothing at all. And they new it; but they were is a very bad position being that it was a control substances. I understood.
9. I asked for just one pill, please. They said "NO". I mentioned what I get an infection of something. I was told that I wouldn't that the medicine was only for pain.
10. I beg please give me the benetific of douth, If I am lying then you can posecute me because I would think that it would be a felony or something. They said no. At this time it was about 2 hours after the surgery and I could tell that the pain was going to be something that I couldn't handle. I beggggggggggggggggedddddddddddd. NO! YOU GOT ! And what else she was saying in her mind, I felt it. I was lost. I could not go home and have my mother suffer with me. I would not put her though this. I sat around the VA Hosipal until about 8:30 pm, begging and crying. Move and pacing back and forth like an animal in case of fear. while they knowing watched, taking their coffee breaks. Medical people whom have taken medical oath [execuse my spelling, please]. This pitiful and shameful for one human to do to another. It was shameful. Even if I was a black man. Thank for showing me Christ's love. steve
It is a shame that our sons and daugthers serving in the military not only have to suffer after being shot at, raped and whatever while serving; that they have to return home to such discontent and hatred. We are a better people than this. steve
You so right. I was very sick over 10 years ago. I was rape in the military and to this very day I am still fighting the case of PTSD. The Dayton VA wanted to treat me; but I refused and went to the VA in Cinn. Ohio. There I got excellent care. And the dental area has been over 24 hour, so now I am cleaning the area with warm salt water. Check out my site, any thing you want mammo is your for the asking. I am a real and intelligent person. search google for [ pick 3 systems ] lifetime refunding--for you free. I am number one in the world. My email address is there.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.