Dental Health Expert Forum
Two Front Teeth Taken Out and Placed on a Partial Plate. After care?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I had the 2 teeth taken out 3 days ago. I kept my denture with the two new teeth on it in my mouth for about 18 hours. My mouth got too sore to keep the denture in. So I took it out and have been washing my mouth 7 or 8 times a day with salty water. The healing seems to be progressing satisfactorily but it still hurts to put the denture back in. Is it okay to keep the denture out for several days until healing progresses further? Or, is it better to put the denture back in ASAP?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It is OK to take the denture out on occasion but if it connects to your remaining teeth, it is better to wear it as much as possible.  If you develop sore areas, you can have the denture adjusted accordingly to relieve the sores.
Thanking you for your advice.-R. Price, Tasmania.
A related discussion, its moving in my mouth should i put fixodent was started.