Dental Health Expert Forum
White soft lump on gums
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

White soft lump on gums

Hi there, thanks for any answers to my question.

On the gum in between two of my teeth on my upper left middle set is a small (1 or 2 mm) painless white lump.  To add to that the whole "piece" of gum that is between my two teeth looks and feels swollen.  It almost looks as if i had had cut right  where my gums go down between these two teeth teeth leaving this little patch of swollen gum.

It doesn't bleed at all, even when vigourously brushing or flossing, nor does it hurt.

It has been around for a couple weeks, getting neither bigger or smaller.  Neither of the teeth on either side hurt at all.

Any idea what it could be?  Some food that got stuck in there?  I have been eating a lot of popcorn lately.