Dental Health Expert Forum
White sticky film after brushing teeth?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

White sticky film after brushing teeth?
I have this white sticky thing on my inner cheeks, gums, below tounge after about 30 mins i brush my teeth. I have to scrap it off with my finger... is this something serious? Anyone else have this?
I would check out what you are using as a dentifrice. See an oral surgeon if it continues but I do not think it is serious.
I have that too, it's weird, hopefully nothing serious though?
pheew, im not the only one suffering frm this...
hmm so anyone here have any idea what this iS? :(
Im using Colgate, should i switch to something else?
As a dental hygienist for 30+ years I have seen this *sloughing* of the tissues that is correlated to tartar control toothpastes and mouthwashs...check to see if you have recently changed to either a new brand or if your regular brand has switched to having tartar control ingredients in them.

Barb
I had this sticky white film about an hour after brushing. Freaked me out so my dentist sent me to the oral expert at a large medical center. It's from tartar control toothpastes. She recommended biotene toothpast (expensive) but haven't had it. Just takes one time of using Tartar control toothpaste for me to get it again....but it's nothing bad.
alright, ill try to get 1, is sensodyne toothpaste ok?
It's the tooth paste for sure.  I switched to baking soda, not one problem with white filmy strings and sticky stuff. The funny thing is This problem just started recently.  I've used tartar toothpaste in the past with no problem. Strange