Dental Health Expert Forum
White sticky film after brushing teeth?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

White sticky film after brushing teeth?

I have this white sticky thing on my inner cheeks, gums, below tounge after about 30 mins i brush my teeth. I have to scrap it off with my finger... is this something serious? Anyone else have this?
Related Discussions
I would check out what you are using as a dentifrice. See an oral surgeon if it continues but I do not think it is serious.
8 Comments
Blank
I have that too, it's weird, hopefully nothing serious though?
Blank
pheew, im not the only one suffering frm this...
hmm so anyone here have any idea what this iS? :(
Blank
Im using Colgate, should i switch to something else?
Blank
As a dental hygienist for 30+ years I have seen this *sloughing* of the tissues that is correlated to tartar control toothpastes and mouthwashs...check to see if you have recently changed to either a new brand or if your regular brand has switched to having tartar control ingredients in them.

Barb
Blank
I had this sticky white film about an hour after brushing. Freaked me out so my dentist sent me to the oral expert at a large medical center. It's from tartar control toothpastes. She recommended biotene toothpast (expensive) but haven't had it. Just takes one time of using Tartar control toothpaste for me to get it again....but it's nothing bad.
Blank
alright, ill try to get 1, is sensodyne toothpaste ok?
Blank
It's the tooth paste for sure.  I switched to baking soda, not one problem with white filmy strings and sticky stuff. The funny thing is This problem just started recently.  I've used tartar toothpaste in the past with no problem. Strange
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now