Dental Health Community
bite is off

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

bite is off

Hello there, I have an implant of the first molar on my lower right, finished right before Thanksgiving.  The crown was a bit high then  and the doctor adjusted.  He checked my bite on the other side and said there was contact and whirled out of the room though I still felt like I was biting a marble on the side with the crown.  This went on for a month.  I then saw another dentist who adjusted the crown again but it was still off.  I went to another dentist today who did some more work adjusting the crown, the molar above the crown and a molar next to the crown.  It is still bothering me but the dentist today said the crown was not too high.   the crown does not feel too high, but I feel all the molars on the crown side are hitting and taking most of the bite, and I feel quite a bit of pressure on that side when I bite down.  The jaw joint on that side has been a bit sore.   Things were ok when there was no tooth, just the screw from the implant.  I am frustrated trying to get this to work.  I feel I would just like to get the crown out but am concerned that with the work done on the molar above the crown and beside it  my bite will still be off.   What is your take on what the problem here possibly could be? I appreciate any advice you can offer.  Thanks.