Dental Health Expert Forum
burn in my mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

burn in my mouth

The other night after I ate some pizza that had chicken on it I noticed this little bubble on the roof of my mouth. It felt like I just had a piece of food stuck on there but I couldn't get it off so then I looked and saw I had a clear blister. It popped and now I just have a red spot there.  I am almost for sure that I burned the roof of my mouth with the pizza but if this is not a burn what could it be? I tend to be a hypochondriac so I look for every possible reason.  Any way I can make it heal fast? Thanks
Tags: irritable
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It will usually take 7 to 10 days for it to heal. I could not diagnosis it without seeing the lesion. If it does not heal then you need to consult your dentist or an oral surgeon.
lol this is called pizza burn if the hot pizza is the cause
avoid hot , sharp , irritant food + use anti inflammatory mouthwash
if it didnt resolve within 10 days check the oral surgeon
A related discussion, my throat burns was started.