Dental Health Expert Forum
burn in my mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

burn in my mouth

The other night after I ate some pizza that had chicken on it I noticed this little bubble on the roof of my mouth. It felt like I just had a piece of food stuck on there but I couldn't get it off so then I looked and saw I had a clear blister. It popped and now I just have a red spot there.  I am almost for sure that I burned the roof of my mouth with the pizza but if this is not a burn what could it be? I tend to be a hypochondriac so I look for every possible reason.  Any way I can make it heal fast? Thanks
Tags: irritable
Avatar dr m tn
It will usually take 7 to 10 days for it to heal. I could not diagnosis it without seeing the lesion. If it does not heal then you need to consult your dentist or an oral surgeon.
Avatar n tn
lol this is called pizza burn if the hot pizza is the cause
avoid hot , sharp , irritant food + use anti inflammatory mouthwash
if it didnt resolve within 10 days check the oral surgeon
A related discussion, my throat burns was started.