Dental Health Community
burning tongue syndrome

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

burning tongue syndrome

I have a bad flare up f my acid reflux,also my tongue burns terrible,is this because of my reflux?

This discussion is related to Tongue Trouble.
Yes, acid reflux is one of the contributing factors which may initiate burning tongue syndrome.

Some of the other factors may include: xerostomia (mouth dryness), oral habits, hormonal imbalance (specifically women who are going through menopause). There is actually a whole list what may start the burning taste in the mouth but to be totally honest there is not much known about this syndrome.

It is usually treated by diagnosing what caused it. In your case it is possible that it may have been caused by acid reflux, so treatment would be prescription of the medication to help with acid reflux. I would suggest contacting your doctor. :)