Dental Health Community
dental implants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

dental implants

I had 4 dental implants placed on my bottom gums, at the same time I had two teeth pulled.  the procedure took 4 hours.   Now I have pain and have to take motrim every 6 hrs.  my botom lip is numb.   my dentist said everything went well and the after x=rays are fine so she thinks the pain should subsside.   I don't know 7 days is a long time to have dental pain?
On average it takes 7-14 days for dental pain to completely subside and for the incisions to heal. You had a lot of work done so it may take a little longer than 7 days. How unbearable is the pain? Is it throbbing? Implants go into the bone and it takes longer for that to heal. Did you tell your dentist that your lip is still numb after 7 days? they may have effected a nerve doing local anesthesia.