draftsman
if I am in treatment for hcv, and a tooth has become sensitive to cold, hot and sweet under a crown, should I see about it or wait till after the treatment?
I don't see problem why you won't be able to get a regular check-up for your sensitivity at a dental office.
Actually I would suggest heading to a dental office, as medication you are taking may cause xerostomia (mouth dryness) and change of taste.

I would also advise you to disclose information that you are having treatment for Hep. C to your dental provider. The treatment won't change but your dentist/assistant/hygienist will sure appreciate it.

A bit of an explanation why it is advised to tell of your medical history.
Gloves, masks, goggles are all used for your and our protection. Gloves may tear, instruments are sharp and one can impale him/herself fairly easily if not careful (or teeth slippery :) ). If it does happen and patient did not disclose that he or she has some type of illness which may pass on to dental professional via saliva to cut. I would just say that it will save a lot of headaches for both parties. :)