Dental Health Community
dry socket with bone graph

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

dry socket with bone graph

I had my wisdom tooth on the bottom and number 18 ( the tooth next to it) removed and had bone grafting. its the 4th day and my clot looks to be dissolving to were I can see a dark open space slowly getting larger.  I seen my dentist today she said it was impossible to get a dry socket with a bone graph but from what I've heard online makes me feel she is incorrect and I'm worried sick I might be developing one.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Extraction and bone graft are usually not done together. The graft can act as a medium where bacteria can grow.  The socket needs to heal before the graft. It could possibly be a dry socket.In a dry socket there is alveolar osteitis and there is severe pain since the underlying bone and nerves are exposed. See your dentist and get it checked. A dental examination will confirm the exact cause of your symptoms. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
do they usually open the gum and put the graft in after it has completely healed, my dentist says it protect the open area. why do my prior tooth extraction areas itch