Dental Health Community
ear, teeth, gum, and jaw pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

ear, teeth, gum, and jaw pain

I have been suffering from an ear infection for quite some time know. It actually started when i went to the dentist to get tooth pulled and fill ins about a year ago. Ever since then my teeth have  not been the same its as if they don't fit right in my mouth. The ear infection was pretty mild at first but know it is very severe its like the pain come in goes as if its on a time schedule. the past week i haven't been able to sleep throughout the night because of severe pressure and pain from my jaw to my gums up to my ear. I have been to my doctor and she gave me antibiotics but that did no good only gave me headaches. she did see some swelling in my ear. was told that if it did not go down that i would have to have my ear drained. I guess my question is i know for sure that it started with a visit to the dentist should i go there first to see what is going on with my teeth then go to the ear specialist or should i go to the specialist first then the dentist. please help i am in severe pain  on my whole right side of my face and ear.