Dental Health Community
fillings keep coming out!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

fillings keep coming out!!

So I know its normal for fillings to pop out if their old, I usually have one pop out once a year but this month three differnt fillings have popped out, I'm only 24 but I do have bad enamel n I'm pretty sure I grind my teeth.. But all the doctor said was that my teeth are decaying.. Could that be true? Or do some doctors lie? What actions should I take
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
There are many reasons for fillings to come out. Chewing too hard may cause the large fillings to crack or come out. Fillings of certain materials fall out faster than others and they are not strong enough to withstand the forces acting upon them. If there is contamination of the cavity with saliva when the filling is being placed it can interfere with the bonding of the filling material. Grinding also causes fillings to develop cracks or come out. A dental examination is essential for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. If you are not satisfied with your doctor’s opinion seeking second opinion will help. Keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!
yeah i mentioned to the dentist that im pretty sure i grind my teeth when i sleep, and she said nothing about it :s just said my teeth are decaying and thats hy they are fallling out, but still.. is there a certain type of filling that is stronger than an other? and you just ask your doctor for this examination? lol im also very poor and have no insurance so im trying to the best i can not to spend too much money lol thanks so much for replying!!