Aa
A
A
Close
fistula after apicoectomy
ljd
About a month ago I had an apicoectomy on my top back molar.  I had felt a bump in my gum ever since.  When I went back to the oral surgeon a week after the surgery, he said I had scar tissue and that could be the bump.  Last week, I actually looked at the bump up under my gum, and realized it is at the top of my gum in a 1/2 moon shape with two white spots at either end.  I am assuming that is a fistula.  My questions are 1.  Could it be scar tissue?  2.  Where do I go from here if my apico failed.  I really don't want to pull the tooth.  Has this ever happened to anyone?  Thanks for your help.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hey,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.  I had an apicoectomy done a little over a year ago.  It was on a front tooth.  Mine had progressed to the point of having the fistula before they did the surgery....that being said, a year and a half later, I still have the bump...it's not something that goes away.  Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
ljd
Thanks for the input.  My oral surgeon is talking about extraction and implant.  
did you have any of that done?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources