Dental Health Expert Forum
laughing gas or other options while pregnant

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I have been having a lot of pain in one of my teeth, and I've always had anxiety when going to dentists so I'm really nervous to go to the dentist and get it fixed. I've always needed the laughing gas while getting work done or I will have anxiety and then have a panic attack if I dont have it. Is there any other medicine or anything that I can take to help while getting work done on my tooth?
That's a tough question.  You may need to consult with your dentist in regards to any risk involved.  Also, I would think that the dentist would also wants to consult with your OB/GYN to determine if there is any issues prior to starting treatment.

Nitrous oxide may be usable in your situation.  Again, it would be best to discuss the specifics with your treating dentist and OB/GYN.  

Alright thank you so much. :)