Dental Health Community
pain after extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

pain after extraction

i am a female aged 20, and have had very bad luck with my teeth. about a week ago i had a tooth extraction done on my very back molar on my lower right side. the extraction went pretty well, although quite uncomfortable. afterwards, i felt somewhat okay, but about two to three days after i started to feel this uncomfortable pain in my lower jaw bone. the pain is felt in my jaw, my throat, my temple, my neck and my ear. i am having constant headaches. the painkillers do help to ease the pain and discomfort throughout the day, but at night it becomes intolerable and extremely uncomfortable, making sleeping quite the chore. i have been in pain for a few days now, and am worried as to what it may be. ive considered dry socket, but the pain is not in my gums it is in my jaw and in the tooth beside the extraction site. i have been taking antibiotics, and painkillers, but it just doesnt get rid of the pain fully. there are stitches that go from the extraction site all the way up towards my upper jaw, which i dont understand why they are there, or what the dentist did to me. i am due to get my wisdom teeth removed in a short period of time and am considering putting it off until all this pain is gone. ive had a lot of work done on my teeth in the last month, including root canals and even another extraction, all of which went by smoothly and the healing process was quite fast, however, this time around, it is becoming unbarable. i find myself in tears after hours of constant pain. i would love some answers. please help!
also can anyone explain why the lymph nodes in my neck are swelling and sore? i am almost positive there is no infection, and am wondering if all the pain and discomfort in my throat and neck is due to the extraction. i feel an almost numbing feel, although when i pinch my skin i have sensation, whats going on, and how much damage can a tooth extraction cause? talk about complication!
another question while im on the teeth crisis topic, i have a tooth that had decayed miserably, and did eventually fall out, now all that is left is a tiny fragment of decaying tooth, and a very strange bubble that has been there since the tooth fell out. it is very very painful, and i am afraid of it abcessing. i have been to the dentist, and have had lots of work done on my teeth, but they havent done anything about it, i am beginning to wonder if they even noticed that this tooth is there. the gum line is beginning to grow over the area, and it has been a considerable amount of time since the tooth fell out, i would say about 5 months. what could this little bubble be? and what kind of method would they use to extract this tooth? considering there is no tooth protruding out of the gum, i am guessing it would have to be a surgical procedure, and if so, how much pain will it leave me in afterwards? i am very tolerant when it comes to pain, as i have been having severe tooth aches for 6 years, ( havent had coverage) but all of these dentist apts and extractions have gotten the best of me, and i now find myself dwelling on how much this pain hurts. help!!!