pain after permanent crown
I had my permanent crown yesterday and I can' t chew anything with the crowned tooth. Its really painfull. The more pressure added worsen the pain. What is going on. No swelling on the gums, Mild pain just by touching with my tongue. No sensitivety with hot or cold. It just hurt bad with pressure. Its a weekend and my dentist office is close. I need a little help through the weekend.

This discussion is related to Pain after Crown...HELP!.
Going back to your restorative dentist to have more occlusal adjustment is advised.
My dentist claim I had cracked tooth, because it hurts to chew. So he prepared for crowning and no problem with the temporary crown a little sensitivety and pain. But when the permanent crowned was completed. I have exactly the same problem before the crowning. Is it possible the cracked is worst. I suggest a rootcanal but my dentist said its not nessary since my tooth only hurt when I chew. So I went back for adjustment and my tooth still hurst and now my whole bite is off. I know because after dinner some of my teeth started to hurt. What seems to be the problem with my tooth. I just change my dentist due a insurance and I don't want to change again.
If there is no evidence of pulpitis, root canal is contraindicated. If you feel bite is off and soreness of the crowned tooth, occlusal interference is present. Elimination of occlusal interference to achieve maximal comfort is feasible as long as the dentist can identify the occlusal interference. If you clench your jaw, you feel soreness of crowned tooth, occlusal interference is generally present. Further challenging test is, you place a cootton roll between crowned tooth and opposing tooth, and clench, if you feel pain or soreness, occlusal interference is present.Detection of occlusal interference requires skillful technique. Placing the articulating paper between teeth and asking you to close your jaw generally fails to detect occlusal interference,
I went for second adjustment today and still hurts. I was told not to chew on the crowned tooth for a week. My dentist said it could be that the crack is all the way to nerve and if the bite pain will not go away in a week or two then he is going to do root canal. But now I felt throbbing pain after I drink cold water and once in a while mild shooting pain. He did an xray and found nothing wrong. So I still don't understands all this pain.
Throbbing or pulsating pain triggered by cold stimulus  suggests pulpitis. Reversible pulpitis yields pain less than 10 seconds. Irreversible pulpitis yields pain longer than 10seconds. If irreversible pulpitis is present, root canal is indicated. If reversible pulpitis is preent, the etiology is generally associated with occlusal interference. If the tooth is asymptomatic before crown fabrication, crack of tooth is not a likely  diagnosis, unless otherwise proven. More occlusion adjustment is advised.
I wish my dentist are smart as you and check all the possibilities. I suggested pulpitis and he just smiled and said no. I am going for a week and half vacation and I hope I can handle the throbbing pain. He said its not a good idea for a root canal since I will be out of town. What can you recommend if the pain worsen during my vacation. I thank you again.
Take OTC pain killer may alleviate the pain. Place a cotton roll or something similar between front teeth to disclude posterior tooth contact may help alleviate the pain. Try not to chew on crowned tooth may help alleviate the pain.
Perhaps you can ask cat36 how she communicates with her dentist to do occlusal adjustment?
I did communicate with cat36. She went back for a second adjustment and the pain subside but she still feel a little pain. She is waiting for few days and see what will happen. Thank you again.
Hello again I just got back from vacation and did not chew on my crowned tooth and did not really hurt unless I chew on it. But now I have this new problem just above the tooth there is a big lump and hurts with pressure. I ignore it for the last week because its a small lump and thought it was from the injection, because the lump is just above the crowned tooth where they usually place the shots for numbness. Its a weekend and I can't really call my dentist. Is it possible its infected. Thank you
It's probably an abscess associated with pulp necrosis or tooth fracture.