Dental Health Community
painful teeth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

painful teeth

I waked up in the middle of the night with a very painful teeth that I couldn't ignore and go bake to sleep.
I can't point out where is the pain exactly. I just felt that my teeth are painful. I brushed my teeth but it didn't help.  I  figured that I didn't eat much cheese or yogurt last 3 weeks.  So, I drank cup of milk. I don't know when the pain stop becoz I slept somehow.  Next morning I was pretty fine.
This scared me becoz my family has a disease in our genes. I don't know its name, all I know is that a healthy tooth would fall after shaking for some time. I think its a gum disease.
Is this the first sign of it?
I'm female, 23 years old. My teeth is healthy، although Calculus would accumulated from time to time. I go to dentist to clean my teeth once a year. I didn't had any teeth problem for more than 10 years. I'm not fan of milk. I didn't drink it for two months.

Thank you
It sounds as though you may have a grinding or clenching problem at night.  If you clench hard enough your teeth can really hurt.

Milk would have nothing to do with it.

Best thing you can do is visit your dentist and explain the problem to him/her.  They may want you to use a mouth guard at night to protect your teeth.

Continued clenching and grinding, esp. when you are unaware of doing it, can wear your teeth down and make them loose in the socket with eventual failure of the tooth/teeth.

Please visit your dentist.  If it's gum disease you also need a dentist for a deep cleaning.

Hope this helps.
Best to you,
Gellia
Thank you for your replay. I thought so too because I have a slight headache when I wake up. But the headache increase during the day. I watched my self during the day I didn't grind or clench.
If I have it again I'll visit a dentist.